Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Little Man First Birthday Party

Trey is one! And while he hasn't exactly told us his facial hair preferences yet, we took the liberty to choose a mustache party for him.
Brightside Prints supplied the gorgeous custom invitations.
The paper quality was amazing, can you tell how thick that is?
Thanks Brightside!
The inspiration for the party came when I saw these mustache pacis on Pinterest. You can buy your own here. (Or check out my tutorial!)
I wish you could have heard us laughing when we saw the kids in these. I especially love the "femi-stache" on my niece Louisa! And who knew there was a mustache app too... hilarious!
Can you hear the giggles?
I made a "Happy Birthday" banner for Trey and attached pictures of him from the past year all 'stached out. (Thanks Picnik.)
Fortunately for me, my husband wears bow ties, so I asked if he would help me tie a few to the chandelier. (That's the old brass chandelier I saved a few years back.)
The table runner is something I dreamed up out of my husband's old dress shirts (I'm thinking those shirts have been pretty well re-purposed now, from work to baby quilt and now table runner!)
OK, maybe a couple more use for those shirts... I cut off the sleeves to cover the flower vases.
And cut off the collar to make the napkins look a little cuter.
Now on to the food table, shall we?
I had waaay too much fun with these mustache candy molds. We used them for cupcake toppers, favors and crayons.

I have a weakness for wedding cake, so I've been working hard to perfect a recipe that's as close as possible to that flavor. The cake was white almond cake with vanilla buttercream, it's the same recipe I used from my cupcake party baby shower.
I'm a sweets person, but for our salty friends, pretzel rods in old cigar boxes added to that "little man" feel. Judge me if you will for having cigar boxes at a one year old's birthday party, but those boxes are gorgeous aren't they?!
Now if all of this talk of sweets is making you thirsty, be sure to wet your whiskers.
And for the big kids, mustache crayons to color with while the little ones played.
Here's the whole fam (being photo bombed by our nephew Noah!)

It was such a great party, we're so proud of the little man that God has blessed us with.
But wait, before you go...
We hate to see you leave, but if you really "mustache" take this too!
(If you're planning a little man party, I have the water bottle wraps, little man paci sign and favor tags I designed and I'm happy to share them, just email me.)