Thursday, June 23, 2011

Knit Car Seat Blanket

I know it was 100 degrees outside today, but I was inside knitting, yes... knitting! I finished a car seat blanket for my best friend's new little one.
Do you remember the blanket I made for Trey out of my husband's old shirts? Well, I used it all winter for my little guy while he was in his car seat, but I had one complaint. It was too big and it would constantly slip off.
I didn't want to sacrifice warmth while I was making a smaller blanket so I used the Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick. It was perfect!
Three navy stripes at the top that get gradually thicker and a soft curl at the bottom... love it! I even love how the back of the blanket turned out. I used my Knifty Knitter to make it super quickly. Did I mention I like quick crafts?! I feel like I've said that a million times. I think I have crafting ADD. I need to work on quick crafts before I change my mind and find something else I want to make!
So to my dear Mr. Rohrer, I can't wait to meet you! I hope this blanket keeps you warm this winter on the long trip to see your favorite Aunt Sarah who lives in the far away land called North Carolina.